Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
Mushroom Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 lbs beef top round or shell steak, sliced 1/4 inch thick, slices cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups (16 oz) Giorgio®, Pennsylvania Dutchman® or Brandywine® Pieces & Stems Canned Mushrooms
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup beef broth
1 cup sour cream, room temperature
1 12-oz. package wide egg noodles
1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
2. Season beef on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add half the beef, cooking until just browned, about 1 minutes. Remove to a plate and repeat this step with remaining beef.
3. Add 1 Tbsp butter to the pan. Once melted add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle mushrooms with flour and stir constantly, cooking for about 30 seconds. Stir in broth and bring mixture to a simmer. Whisk in sour cream until sauce is smooth.
5. Stir in beef and cook until sauce is simmering.
6. Stir in noodles with remaining 1 Tbsp butter. Toss until butter is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.