Chunky Portabella Herb Pizza
Herb Mushroom Pizza Recipe
1 pizza dough
2 cans Giorgio® or Pennsylvania Dutchman® Chunky Portabella Canned Mushrooms, drained
2 tablespoons mixed herbs (basil, thyme, oregano)
A pinch of sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Semolina flour for dusting the pizza peel
- Preheat to 500°F with pizza dough in the oven.
- Prepare the toppings. Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, chopped herbs, and salt and cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally. When mushrooms are tender, reduce the heat to low, add lemon juice. Remove from the heat.
- Make the pizza. Generously dust pizza peel with semolina flour. Stretch the pizza dough into a circle. Then gently place the dough onto the dusted pizza peel.
- Brush a thin layer of olive oil onto the crust. Top with mozzarella cheese in an even layer, then the cooked mushrooms, and shredded fontina cheese.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone.
- Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutesSlice into pieces and serve immediately.