Chunky Portabella Cream of Mushroom Soup
Check out Giorgio's Recipe for Chunky Portabella Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 tablespoons butter
½ tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cans Giorgio® or Pennsylvania Dutchman® Chunky Portabella Mushrooms, drained
2 teaspoons chopped thyme, divided
¼ cup dry white wine 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups mushroom broth
1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (adjust to taste)
½ cup heavy cream
Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Add garlic until. Cook fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add drained Pieces & Stems Canned Mushrooms and 1 teaspoon thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Pour the wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add broth. Mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in cream. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil) for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley. Serve warm.